Menu Close

Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin hands over his Smartphone to Long Island Police

Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin hands over his Smartphone to Long Island Police

Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin hands over his Smartphone to Long Island Police.

Earlier, a warrant for Baldwin’s smartphone was obtained after a fatal shooting on the set of the film “Rust,” and the actor has handed the smartphone over to Long Island police on Friday, according to authorities.

Alec Baldwin, 63, turned over his smartphone to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Friday morning, according to a representative for the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office, which is believed to contain evidence about the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October.

“They will execute the data extraction and then hand the smartphone over to us,” said Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Juan Rios. On the other hand, Rios said that not everything on the actor’s smartphone would be accessible throughout the investigation.

Advertisements

For example, correspondence between Mr. Baldwin and his lawyer, as well as information about his spouse that is protected by the attorney-client privilege, will be excluded from the investigation.

After the news release from the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office stated that “to date, the smartphone has not been turned over to police,” the handover has finally taken place. After obtaining a search warrant for Baldwin’s smartphone on December 16, police in New Mexico notified Baldwin’s attorney right away, according to the police department.

Baldwin, on the other hand, had withheld it for weeks before the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Long Island helped Santa Fe officials acquire it last week.

Baldwin claimed in an Instagram video that he only sought the protection of his private chats on Jan. 8. “Any insinuation that I am not cooperating with requests or orders, or search warrants, about my smartphone is complete nonsense,” Baldwin remarked.

“It’s a lengthy process. They must be specific about their desires. If you have a smartphone, they can’t just go through it and take, you know, your photos, whatever,” Baldwin said.

To that end, the “30 Rock” star explained that police had requested evidence from him and his lawyer because he resides out of state.

On October 21, Baldwin shot Hutchins on the set of a Western film with a prop gun and then later claimed that he didn’t pull the trigger. According to the warrant, investigators also plan to seize the star’s texts, images, videos, emails and internet browsing history.


Read More:


Share and comment on: Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin hands over his Smartphone to Long Island Police

Advertisements

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.